Standard Marine & Cargo Survey ( Asia ) Limited employees ( referred to as STANDARD from hereon ) strictly abide by this “ Code of Conduct ” and associated Compliance Principles as published in manuals, procedures, and contracts of employment.
To assure a clear understanding between each employee and STANDARD concerning this Code of Conduct, each employee is required as a condition of employment to show their acceptance and understanding of this policy on a periodic basis by signing this document.
Code of Conduct under which STANDARD operate includes the following :
1. Survey work shall be carried out in a professional, independent and impartial manner.
2. Survey work shall be carried out honestly, with no influence tolerated in respect to any deviation from either approved methods and procedures or the reporting of accurate results.
3. Data, test results and other material facts shall be reported by STANDARD in good faith and will not be improperly changed. All reports and certificates issued by STANDARD shall correctly present the actual findings, professional opinions or results obtained.
4. Surveyor shall treat all information received in the course of the provision of its services as business confidential to the extent that such information is not already published, generally available to third parties or otherwise in the public domain.
5. All work shall be performed in compliance with applicable laws and Company Policies. No employee is authorized, intentionally or by disregard of procedure, to violate any legal, environmental, health, or safety requirement.
6. All employees are required to inform management of any condition that creates a danger to the environment, poses health and safety hazards, or may be a violation of law or ethical conduct. The Company provides facilities to enable confidential reporting of such conditions.
7. All work is subject to periodic audit by trained personnel against applicable laws, regulatory requirements and Company Policies and Procedures. Corrective action will be taken in a timely and effective manner and will be monitored, tracked and reviewed by Company Management.
8. No reward, gift, or favor in return for, or dependent on, the outcome of any work will be accepted and any offer will be reported.
9. STANDARD prohibits
(a) the offer, giving, or acceptance of a bribe in any form, including kickbacks, on any portion of a contract payment, or
(b) the use of other routes or channels for provision of improper benefits to, or receipt of improper benefits from, customers, agents, contractors, suppliers or employees of any such party or government officials.
10. All employees of STANDARD shall be free from any conflict of interest. Conflicts of interest can include, but are not limited to, ownership or involvement in outside interests that could influence or adversely affect the employee's performance or the Company's reputation.
11. While the Company is Customer Focused in providing its service, it will not tolerate any breach of Conduct, Law, or Company Policy in order to satisfy Customer requirements, whether stated or implied. Any attempt to subvert this policy is to be reported to management either through normal channels or the confidential facility.
12. All employees of STANDARD shall
(a) Conduct marketing (including comparisons with, or references to, competitors, competitors' services or third parties) in a manner that is truthful, not deceptive or misleading or likely to mislead, and is consistent with applicable laws
(b) Present itself in a fair manner ensure presentational information, including descriptions of STANDARD 's network and affiliations, resources employed and services provided, is accurate and unambiguous.
13. Any infraction of the abovementioned policies will subject the employee to disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.<p>1</p>